Tuesday 6 September 2011

Semester twoooo


For this semester we needed to choose an activity that we would base our semesters on for our participation in occupation class. I have decided to choose horse riding for my activity as I really enjoy it and feel that it can have a real OT relevance.


I have been brought up around horses my whole life, it has always only been just a casual thing as I would just ride them around the house and garden with no saddle. Even if i wasn't riding I would go out into their paddock and brush them or clean out their hoof and just spend time being around them as they are such amazing animals.

When looking at occupational therapy and horse riding i feel that there is some really good links as horse riding is quite a therapeutic activity to be involved in. When sitting on a horse they are the only animal that moves the human body in the same way as it would move when a person is walking. Because of the companionship and trust between the riders it can teach people so much. Horse riding may also give people something to really look forward to in their weeks.


Practical considerations
  • A horse
  • Saddle(optional)
  • Bridal (optional)
  • Shoes
  • Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment