Sunday 16 October 2011

Post ssiiiixxxxx

Ambience
According to Webster (2011) “Ambience a feeling or mood associated with a particular place, person, or thing.” My understanding of this quote is that the ambience of something is the way that it makes you feel and the atmosphere of what it is you are doing. For me in my activity of horse riding it the atmosphere is incredible. Every time I ride it is different. It may be at the same place but every time it is different. The weather may be different or the people whom I go with may be different which I really love. When riding along it’s just me and Bella. It is so soothing and relaxing that I could never ever get bored. The mood in which I am in or Bella is in is never the same either which is sometime very frighting as she is a very powerful animal, but it can also be very relaxing as she can be calm and relaxed which can be amazing to feel. The different places have a huge effect on the way that we feel when doing this activity as well, if we are in a busy environment with alot of other people it maybe more stressful for both Bell and i appose to riding through a bush alone where it is just her and I in our own little world.



Here are the 4 comments that I have places on other students blogs













Arendt, H. (1958).  The human condition.  Chicago: Chicago University Press


American Occupational therapy association, Inc. (2004) Ergonomics: Occupational Therapy in the Workplace. Retrieved on the 3/01/2011 from http://www.promoteot.org/CG_E rgonomics.html




Caulton, R. & Dickson, R.  (2007).  What’s going on? Finding an explanation for what we do.  In J. Creek & A. Lawson-Porter (Eds.), Contemporary issues in occupational therapy (pp. 87-114).  Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.


Christiansen & E. Townsend. (2004). Introduction to occupation: The art and science of living. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.


Hagedorn, R. (2000). Tools of practice in occupational therapy. A structured approach to core skills and processes. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone 


Webster, M. (2011). Ambience. Retrieved October 20th 2011 from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ambience

No comments:

Post a Comment